Tactile graphics production
This service is primarily intended for use of MU students and teachers dealing with visual impairment; they are also its priority recipients. If there is interest and our capacities are available, the service can be extended outside MU.
- The production of tactile graphics is closely interlinked with the production of textual tactile prints. The graphics often form a part of these prints, as an accompanying or independent source of information (charts, graphs, maps etc.). Apart from those we prepare independent tactile sheets of various characteristics, based on current needs (isolated maps, blueprints of culturally and socially significant objects etc.).
- The organization of procuring a tactile print is similar to that of digitization or tactile print.
- The technology used for the production of a tactile graphic is always based on the information conveyed and on its presumed use.
- The preparation of materials using standard graphic editors forms a significant part of the production of tactile graphics – all digitalised materials are then archived and available for further use.
- If the materials printed are linked to studies at MU, and they are only loaned to the student, the service is provided free of charge; if the print is to remain in the student’s possession, or it is provided for public outside MU, charges apply (see Price list).
For more details
about tactile graphics, their design and possible technologies for their production see website Tactile graphics