Virtual Tours of MU Buildings for the Physically Disabled (Ariadne)
Educational, technical, administrative and other sites of Masaryk University are located within the city in dozens of buildings which are of different age and architectural styles, i.e. they are accessible for individuals with mobility difficulties in various extents.
Masaryk University continuously makes arrangements which eliminate physical barriers as much as possible – with regards to architecture, historical aspects and to function and traffic in the buildings, creates also (technological) tools which enable to orientate effectively in the environment and to use the environment without barriers.
Because text-only specifications of building accessibility are not explanatory enough, they are delivered together with visual information of the real situation in the building. As a platform to deliver all kind off specifications, we have developed a web-based application which, practically, is a kind of virtual guide (combination of panoramic and still images) with special accent to features and pieces of information which are of interest by the target group.
Application also offers the following information and technical details:
- barrier-free entrance into the building
- barrier-free options of moving within the building vertically (location of elevators, ramps, lift platforms etc.)
- barrier-free cloakrooms (their location, disposition, dimensions etc.)
- highlighting of typical tracks to the most used destinations (teaching rooms, libraries, dining hall etc.)
- text information on operating conditions of the arrangements
Access to the application
Portal of Virtual Guides
As more and more institutions are using the concept described above, we offer a list of them in one place with links to the virtual guides.
If you run a similar guide and would like to join, or if you need a completely new guide, let us know
Access to the Portal