Changes in the operation of Teiresias Centre
(Last update: September 1, 2021)
We would like to inform you about changes in the operation of Teiresias Centre. These changes follow the emergency measures
to coronavirus. Note that the situation may continue to change.
Operation of individual sections of the Teiresias Centre
- The operation of the Studies Section: Contact consultations with workers of the Teiresias Centre are possible, but they can still be replaced by online consultations (with the exceptions of consultations that for objective reasons cannot be held online and which are essential for your presence at classes). You can agree on a consultation with study counsellors the usual ways (over the phone or email) or agree on an online meeting through the reservation system. This is valid also for consultations with psychologists and psychotherapists.
- The Teiresias Library, which provides digitalization of study materials for students who use assistive technology, is fully operational, using both type of communication (online and face-to-face). Usual preparation and distribution of study materials is in the process. If you need other materials apart from those you have already agreed on please contact us as usually (via e-mail).
- The operation of the Visual Communication Section, the Administration Section, the Special ICT Section and Physical Accessibility Section is similar to that of the Studies Section.
Rules of using study rooms at the Teiresias Centre
- You need to make a reservation of the study room in the timetable for both regular individual teaching and consultations. If the teaching/consultation does not take place the reservation must be cancelled. Similarly, if you do not use the entire time reserved, please modify the length of your reservation.
- If you need technical assistance when teaching, send your request to email@example.com in advance.
- After the teaching you must put everything in the workplace into the original position (put the computers back, turn off the lights and air conditioning, and close the door of the study room). If you are taking chairs from another classroom or gallery, please return them to their original location.
- Report technical and operational difficulties to employees of the Special IT Section or the Studies Section.
Electronic sources accessibility
On-line electronic sources administered by the Teiresias Centre (The University Library for Students with Special Needs) continue to be accessible in the standard way for registered users with special needs (e.g. for students with visual or mobility impairment).
Visit https://it.muni.cz/knihovny-samostudium or Portal of electronic information resources to see the overview description of access to other digital information sources of Masaryk University.
For students under Teiresias Centre administration
- Psychologists and psychotherapists (Skype and phone consultations)
- Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org or individually:
- Mgr. Martin Murgaš – email@example.com
- Mgr. Iva Oulehlová – firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number 773 752 738
- Mgr. Tereza Rossmannová – email@example.com
- Mgr. Miroslav Zítko – firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number 549 49 1117
For all students
For students with mobility impairments
If you need personal assistance, contact colleagues from the Physical Accessibility Section.
For students with visual impairments
If you urgently need personal assistance (e.g. somebody to accompany you on your errands) in Brno you can contact our spatial instructors coordinator (P. Červenka) or use the services of Tyflocentrum. If you need technological consultations you can use services of the Teiresias Centre Special ICT Section or regional workplaces of Tyflocentrum and Tyfloservis.
For students with a chronic somatic disease
If you need help with necessary errands that you are currently unable to manage yourselves you can contact volunteers from MU Crisis Operations Centre (https://munipomaha.cz).
Contacts to individual employees of the Teiresias Centre are listed on our website in section Staff.