National Comparative Test
- General Information
- National Comparative Exams Dates
- Sample Tests and Suggested Literature for Social Sciences Test
- Masaryk University and National Comparative Exams
The company Scio ensures National Comparative Exams (further only NCE) that are the means of acceptance to some universities. The Teiresias Centre is a place, where the National Comparative Exams for applicants with special needs take place. The National Comparative Exams are divided according to subjects into the following subtests/modules:
- Test of General Academic Prerequisites (GAP) in both its basic (hereinafter B) and extended (hereinafter E) forms, Test of General Academic Prerequisites in Slovak language (hereinafter GAP Sk)
- Social Sciences Test (hereinafter SST)
- Test of Mathematics (hereinafter MAT)
- Foreign language Test (English or German, hereinafter FL)
If you want to enroll for GAP you will find more information on www.scio.cz/in/2vs/nsz/jak.asp. If you want to sit for NCE in our centre you need to select Teiresias Centre as the place of the exam in the section Additional Information.
National Comparative Exams Dates
National Comparative Exams take place on five dates. On each of them different modules can be taken. The list of dates and the modules offered are listed below:
- 8/12/2012 – GAP B/S/Sk.
- 9/2/2013 – GAP B/E/Sk, SST)/MAT.
- 9/3/2013 – GAP B/E, SST/MAT, FL.
- 6/4/2013 – GAP B/E/Sk, SST/MAT and Biology.
- 8/5/2013 – GAP B/E/Sk, SST, Biology/FL.
- 1/6/2013 – GAP B/E/Sk, SST tests.
Sample Tests and Suggested Literature for Social Sciences Test
You not only have the description of the test but samples of modules for General Academic Prerequisites and Maths at www.scio.cz/in/2vs/nsz/testy.asp. Suggested literature is also a part of the description of the Social Sciences test – you will find the list at this webpage.
Masaryk University and National Comparative Exams
MU Faculty of Social Studies and MU Faculty of Informatics respect the National Comparative Exams results in accepting applicants.
- Applicants for the Faculty of Social Studies must take the National Comparative Exams, specifically GAP test and Social Sciences test. Only the results from 8/12/2012, 9/2/2013, 9/3/2013, 6/4/2013, and 8/5/2013 are recognized. Each of the GAP B tests and the Social Sciences test must be taken at least once (but can be taken more times). For the application procedure for Faculty of Social Sciences the best results of each test taken will be recognized. You can find detailed information on GAP for applicants for MU Faculty of Social Sciences at the Scio webpage.
- One of the possibilities to be accepted for studies at Faculty of Informatics is to successfully pass the National Comparative Exams - its GAP and Maths module. A successful applicant for the Faculty of Informatics is the applicants who ranks among the top 30%. The results from the first four dates are taken into consideration.
Applicants apply and are charged separately for the MU application for studies and for the particular date or dates of National Comparative Exams.