Information for applicants with hearing impairment
This page includes:
You can download a translation of each chapter in Czech sign language. The symbol of
represents a link to sign language in wmv format. You can play this format using for example Windows Media Player.
Another option is to directly open the translated window using Adobe Flash Player. You can download the newest version (18.104.22.168) of this program here. The symbol of
represents a direct link for streaming the translation of each chapter in sign language.
Fields of study
The Masaryk University is divided into 9 faculties. Each faculty offers many fields of study which are included in so called Study Programmes. Bachelor's degree study programme is the most frequent form of study you can start with. A complete list of study programmes can be found at http://www.muni.cz/study/programmes/bachelor_degree?lang=en. After successful passing of a Bachelor's degree study programme you can continue your study with some of the following Master's degree study programmes. There are also some Long-cycle Master's degree programmes, a list of which can be found at http://www.muni.cz/study/programmes/master_degree?lang=en. If you want to know which subjects are included in a particular field of study, please visit the webpage http://is.muni.cz/predmety/?lang=en.
Choosing the field of study
- Pay attention to the Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes mainly. Search for the one you are interested in and would like to study.
- Please take enough time to consider the question of choosing the right field of study, and do not limit your options based on what your friends who already study say.
- The faculty Open Days are a good possibility for applicants to get more information about the study options. A list of faculty Open Days can be found here. Another option is to visit the Teiresias Centre where you can discuss the question of choosing the field of study with our employees.
- 4. If you are interested in visiting some of the faculty these days, please contact us at email@example.com. We will provide you with an interpreter (Czech sign language) or a visualizer (signed Czech, articulatory interpretation) and advise you on how to get to the chosen faculty.
How to apply for entrance examination
Please fill in the electronic application form available online on the web address http://is.muni.cz/prihlaska/?lang=en. Do not forget to fill in the Other Personal Information field:
- your health status (if you are a holder of a ZTP card or a statement of disability),
- 2. a request for special treatment because of health impairment (specify the type of impairment).
Deadline for application
The deadline to apply for the entrance examination is 28 February 2013.
Process of entrance examination
- An interpreter (Czech sign language) or a visualizer (signed Czech, articulatory interpretation) will be present at the entrance exams.
- You will take the exam at the Teiresias Centre and the time allotted to you to take the exam will be extended (by a maximum of twice the standard time).
- During the Learning Potential Test, you can use a sign language translation of the tasks besides a standard text version. It will be available on a PC on your table.
- If your first attempt is not successful you still have the possibility of applying for a review of the decision which may provide you with eventual acceptance.
Entrance examination dates
- All applicants to all faculties of Masaryk University (with the exceptions of the Faculty of Social Studies and the Faculty of Medicine) must take the Learning Potential Test, which is held on 4 and 5 May 2013 in Brno and on 4 May 2013 in Bratislava.
- The main criteria for acceptance at the Faculty of Social Studies are the results of the National Comparative Exams, specifically the Test of General Academic Prerequisites and the Test in Social Science Fundamentals, which are held exclusively on 8/12/2012, 9/2/2013, 9/3/2013, 6/4/2013 and 8/5/2013. The exams are administered by the Scio company. Applicants must submit and pay for the university application and the application for exact dates of the National Comparative Exams separately.
- Entrance exams at the Faculty of Medicine are scheduled for 14/6/2013 (for undergraduate study), 14/6/2013 or 15/6/2013 (for Master's degree applicants), and 26/6/2013 (for students continuing to Master's degree programs); this includes tests in biology, chemistry, and physics with the exception of applicants for the Masters programme who will take a test based on the Bachelors programme. Applicants with excellent study results at the secondary school may be accepted for study without an entrance exam.
Applicants applying to study some majors at the Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Education, and Faculty of Science must take additional tests from their chosen field of studies. The dates are as follows:
- Faculty of Arts: 6-7 June 2013 (information and test samples can be found here)
- Faculty of Education: 17-28 June 2013 (information can be found here)
- Faculty of Science: 4 May 2013 (information and test samples can be found here)
Applicants to the Faculty of Sports Studies, in addition to the Learning Potential Test, must take a practical entrance exam in physical education and some of them also a science test (those applying for Regeneration and Nutrition in Sport or Physics of Physiotherapy) on 4-5 May 2013. You can find more information here in Chapter 10. You will also find videos describing the requirements for each sport discipline and mathematics and biology test samples on this page.
Learning Potential Test samples (MU)
The web page www.muni.cz/study/admission/tsp offers all previous versions of the Learning Potential Test taken by all applicants for study at Masaryk University between the years 2003-2011. You can find a key to questions and a link to interactive exercises of the LPT at the same web page.
Samples of tests in Czech sign language can be found on the web address teiresias.muni.cz/TSP_CZJ.
Preparatory courses for the entrance exams
- 1. The Teiresias Centre offers you the opportunity to attend a course preparing you for the entrance exams focused on the Learning Potential Test. If you are interested in this course, please fill in the application form here http://www.teiresias.muni.cz/prihlaska. The introductory meeting of the preparatory course is scheduled for 10 March 2013 and lessons will be held on Sundays. We will send you an invitation and more information on the preparatory courses by e-mail.
- 2. Some faculties offer their own preparatory courses focused on field-specific tests. If you are interested in some preparatory courses, contact our Students' Office (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org), who will help you with your application and provide you with an interpreter or a visualizer of Czech language. A list of preparatory courses and more information on each of them can be found here: is.muni.cz/obchod/vzdelani/pripravky/?lang=en.
List of faculties and Open Days
Following is the list of faculties at Masaryk University where you find information about Open Days as well.
|Faculty of Science – 19/1/2013 and 22/1/2013 from 9:00 a.m., Kotlářská 2, Brno or on the Brno – Bohunice campus|
|Faculty of Law – 10/1/2013 from 3:00 p.m., Veveří 70 on the first floor in classroom numbers 136 and 140|
|Faculty of Sport Studies – 22/1/2013 from 10:00 a.m. on the Brno – Bohunice campus in the building A11, auditorium (aula) 114|
|Faculty of Economics and Administration – 28/1/2013 from 1:00 p.m. in the building of the FEA, Lipová 41a, CitiHall, auditorium (aula) P1|
|Faculty of Education – 12/1/2013 in the buildings of the FE at Poříčí 9/11 and Poříčí 31, from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. at the Office for Studies, each department will hold presentations at 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 a.m.|
|Faculty of Medicine – 12/1/2013 at 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. and 16/1/2013 at 3:00 p.m., on the Brno – Bohunice campus, Kamenice 5, in the Pavilion A22, auditorium (aula)|
|Faculty of Informatics – 15/1/2013, 23/1/2013 and 31/1/2013 from 12:30 p.m., Botanická 68a, Brno|
|Faculty of Arts – 18/1/2013 from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m., Arna Nováka 1, Gorkého 7, Veveří 28, Janáčkovo nám. 2a, Komenského nám. 2, Brno|
|Faculty of Social Studies – 18/1/2013 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Joštova 10, Brno|