Dance course for the blind
Lessons of dance for the blind serve to widen the knowledge and skills in rhythm, movement and coordination. They should lead to improving the already acquired skills or to getting the total basics of dance and rhythmic gymnastics. The versatility of the lessons enables both.
The students have the possibility to try various kinds of dance: classic, expressive, social dancing; to learn the easy country or Irish dance or to penetrate the step variations in Irish or American style.
Explanation of Dance Styles
- Easier to imagine under the name "ballet".
- Almost all dance styles come out of the classic technique.
- Posture, positions of arms and legs, rhythmics - these are foundations for the lessons.
- The movement is an expression of our feelings, our current state, of our dreams and imaginations.
- This dance has its rules and methods as well.
- The techniques Limon, Horton and Jazz will help to express what is inside of us.
This name is very confusing because the opinions on modern dance vary. In our lessons it is a kind of various styles such as street, disco, up-side-down, Danken.
- The kinds of dancing you can see at a ball, dance or in dancing clubs.
- These lessons are adjusted to the students' requirements and their existing knowledge. Component repertory can be deepened or widened.
- Standard - waltz, tango, quick step, slow fox, polka, mazurka
- Latin - jive, cha-cha, rumba, samba, salsa, mambo
- A person who is able to walk and count to eight has the best predisposition to become a "country-dancer". The previous sentence should not degrade country but it should show that these dances are very easy and almost anyone can dance them. You can come across them at country-balls, at concerts of blue-grass, folk or country bands as well as at balls and similar parties.
- Classical country dances are - "long walls", "circles", "square" (Virginia reel, Susan, Hubáček's quadrille).
- Line dance - a type of dance that everyone dances alone in a formation, where an exact position of dancers is kept - in lines and rows.
- Couple dance - i.e. Pair dances, composition of steps that are put together for a dance pair in a specific hold.
- This kind of dance has been spreading worldwide recently thanks to several dance shows (Lord Of Dance, Riverdance, Dancing On The Dangerous Ground, Irish Tiger...).
- The technique of Irish dance is very hard and again it is based on the classic dance training. The typical attributes are soles turned into position nr. 5, dance on high tiptoes, firmly lowered arms, high jumps and soft landing.
- The lessons are aimed at mastering the basic techniques of steps and rhythmical units that are used later in dances (Ceilli).
- Rhythms: Reel, Jig, Slip Jig
- Dances: Walls Of Limerick, Every Men Chance, Sieg Of Ennis etc.
- A type of dance that can be performed even by a solo-dancer, mainly using only legs, the rest of body only balances or completes the movement. The soles of feet knock the quick rhythm with heels and toes. For this purpose the shoes are equipped with baffle boards (simple or dual sheet metals, essential oil, wood ...).
- Step is typical for its variability. In every area a different style, different variations, different rhyme and baffle boards are known.
- Clogging, Irish step and modified variations serve to improve the skills in this kind of dance.
Lenka Nejedlá, instructor of the course